Posts for category: Dermatology Procedures
Worried about wrinkles? They can be caused by aging, tobacco use, facial contractions, and sun exposure. Several wrinkle treatment options are available. Dermatologists have a surprising array of tools and techniques to help combat the signs of aging. Led by Dr. Gerald Newman, Bayside Laser and Skin Care Associates (located in Annapolis, MD) offers state-of-the-art treatments for wrinkles. Read on to find out how we can help you.
1. BOTOX Injections: BOTOX is a prescription medicine that is injected into facial muscles and used to improve the look of wrinkles, fine lines, crow's feet, and smile lines. BOTOX is a quick procedure that requires no recovery or downtime. With BOTOX treatment, you can get real, noticeable results and still look like yourself.
2. Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers or injectables, such as Juvederm, Radiesse, and Sculptra can smooth wrinkles within the skin. Injectables are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to soften creases, smooth lines, restore lost volume, or enhance facial contours. The results usually last about 6 to 12 months.
3. Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive cosmetic treatment that gently exfoliates your skin to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It will leave your skin as smooth as velvet and feeling refreshed. Microdermabrasion is a simple and quick procedure.
4. Chemical Peels: Chemical peels can provide skin health in a deeper fashion than facials. It is a resurfacing procedure in which a solution is applied to the skin that removes the upper layer. The skin that grows back after the procedure is smoother and less wrinkled in appearance. A chemical peel is a safe procedure when performed by a qualified and experienced doctor.
5. Photo Rejuvenation: Photo rejuvenation is a cosmetic treatment that uses photodynamic therapy, intense pulsed light, or lasers to treat skin problems such as fine lines, wrinkles, and spots. It is a quick procedure that involves no downtime, making it a convenient option for people with busy schedules.
If you want to eliminate facial wrinkles without surgery, call one of Bayside Laser and Skin Care Associates's offices to schedule an appointment- (410) 337-3770- in Annapolis, MD; (410) 337-3770- Towson, MD. We offer many highly effective, non-surgical solutions to wrinkles and lines.
Botox is one of the most commonly requested minimally invasive cosmetic procedures requested by patients. It is an alternative to plastic surgery and provides lasting results. As a potential patient of Bayside Laser and Skin Care Associates in Annapolis, MD, it’s reasonable that you may have a list of frequently asked questions about Botox. Here are some of the most common questions and the corresponding answers that can help give you peace of mind about this cosmetic treatment.
What Is Botox Composed Of?
Botox is a proprietary serum that is composed of a formulation called botulinum toxin. It is officially classified as a “neurotoxin,” and is used in many different applications, including dermatological treatments. The Botox serum releases neurotransmitters to the muscles in your face, causing them to stop contracting. In effect, the muscles “freeze” and visible lines on the face disappear.
How Is Botox Applied?
Botox is administered through a series of quick injections to certain locations on the face. For example, if the problem is lines in the forehead, the injection sites will be at various locations above the eyebrows or near your hairline. Botox can also be injected near the mouth, nose, and around the eyes in the case of crow’s feet and smile lines. A numbing solution may be applied to the face for your comfort—the procedure will only take a few minutes. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, over 1.5 million Botox injections are administered each year.
Is Botox a Long-Term Solution?
After a Botox treatment with your Annapolis, MD dermatologist, you can expect the results to last for 3-4 months. When you start to see the effects wear off, you can revisit the office for another treatment. With regular sessions, it is possible that the wrinkle-smoothing results will last longer, as the muscles are trained to relax. Compared to the risks involved with plastic surgery, Botox is a viable option for many patients who want a more youthful look in a short period of time.
Schedule a Botox Consultation
To see if Botox is right for you, schedule a consultation with Bayside Laser and Skin Care Associates in Annapolis, MD. You may also learn about additional cosmetic facial treatments that can improve your appearance. Call the office at (410) 224-8001 today for an appointment with Dr. Gerald Newman.
Changes in your skin are inevitable as you grow older. Lines and wrinkles form as your skin become less elastic and you lose volume in your face. Fortunately, injectable dermal fillers can help you look younger! Available from dermatologist Dr. Gerald Newman's offices in Annapolis and Towson, MD, dermal fillers can rejuvenate your look and have you feeling great about yourself!
Youthful-looking skin in minutes
Not that long ago, plastic surgery was the only way to improve your appearance. Although surgery was (and still is) effective, it does involve a somewhat lengthy recovery period. Today, however, dermal fillers can transform your look in no time!
Injectable fillers are made of substances that are naturally found in your body, such as hyaluronic acid or calcium-based microspheres. Depending on the number of areas to be treated, your treatment may take as little as five minutes or as long as an hour.
Fillers offer impressive benefits
Depending on the type, dermal fillers can be used to:
- Soften the appearance of folds, lines, and wrinkles
- Smooth crow's feet
- Lift the corners of your mouth and decrease vertical lines around the lips
- Improve facial contours
- Firm your jowls
- Make undereye areas less puffy
- Add volume to your lips and cheeks
- Decrease the prominence of nasolabial fold lines (the lines extending from your nose to your mouth on either side of your face)
- Fill in acne scars and other shallow scars
- Minimize marionette lines that extend downward from the corners of your mouth
How long do dermal fillers last?
Fillers generally last 6 to 12 months, although scheduling regular follow-up treatments will help you maintain your youthful appearance.
Interested? Give us a call!
Restore your youthful appearance with dermal fillers! Schedule an appointment with Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Associates of Annapolis and Bayside Laser and Skin Care Associates by calling (410) 224-8001 for the Annapolis, MD, office or (410) 337-2770 for the Towson office.
Are fine lines making you feel old and tired? Well, you're not alone. Millions of people across the nation experience the effects of facial aging, but you can take advantage of a quick and easy treatment which erases those troublesome wrinkles. At Bayside Laser and Skin Care Associates in Annapolis, MD, Dr. Gerald Newman offers BOTOX, a cosmetic treatment that entails using pain-free injections to smooth lines on the upper face in order to give men and women a refreshed appearance. Read on to learn what BOTOX can do for you!
What is BOTOX?
BOTOX Cosmetic is a medically supervised aesthetic skin treatment. A refined form of the botulism protein, this injectable medication reduces the movement of selected muscles, thus smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by aging.
FDA-approved and sporting a long track record of pleasing results, BOTOX treatments are well-tolerated, last for months, and are both fast and comfortable. In fact, you can be in and out of our Annapolis, MD, office in less than an hour when going in for treatment!
The treatment process
Dr. Newman will examine your skin and review your medical history to be sure BOTOX is right for you. If it is, he'll use a fine needle to place the medication just under the skin in areas typically affected by dynamic wrinkling, such as:
- The forehead
- Between the eyebrows (those vertical wrinkles which resemble the number 11)
- Crow's feet at the corners of the eyes
- Lines between the nose and mouth and at the sides of the mouth
The effects are noticeable right away; however, full effect takes anywhere from 24 hours to a few days. Then, your relaxed, smooth look will begin to fade after 6 months or so when you'll be eligible for additional treatment.
They are very minimal, and the injections are comfortable, with only a mild pin prick sensation. When you leave Dr. Newman's office, you may notice some redness, tenderness and swelling at the injection sites, but this won't last long. In almost all cases, you'll be able to get back to work and your other normal activities right away.
Find out more
For more information on what BOTOX can do for you, please contact Bayside Laser and Skin Care Associates. Come in and discuss your options with Dr. Gerald Newman by phoning our Annapolis, MD, office at (410) 224-8001.
Laser therapy is used successfully in dermatology to restore youth and vigor to the skin. A laser treatment called Vbeam is specifically used to target blood vessels that show on the surface of the skin. Find out more about Vbeam, a cosmetic treatment that can be administered by dermatologist Dr. Gerald Newman at Bayside Laser & Skin Care Associates in Annapolis, MD.
What Is Vbeam?
More patients are seeking ways to make their skin look young and vibrant without invasive procedures that require anesthesia and long recovery times. Laser therapy is one viable solution. One of the newest Innovations in dermatology is called the Vbeam. It issues beams of light to blood vessels on the face and other areas of the body. It uses Pulsed Dye Laser (PDL) technology to target the damaged tissue while leaving the healthy skin unbothered.
What Vbeam Treats
To see full results from Vbeam therapy, also called photo rejuvenation, you’ll need to visit your Annapolis, MD dermatologist on two or three occasions for treatments. If you have any of the following issues, the Vbeam may help you get the clearer skin you want:
- Rosacea and facial redness
- Sun damage
- Scars or warts
- Stretch marks
- Dilated or broken blood vessels
- Vascular lesions
The traditional treatments for dilated or damaged blood vessels on the face include sclerotherapy injections and retinoid creams. But these treatments aren’t always very effective, and injections can be painful. With Vbeam you have an increased chance of getting visible results soon after each treatment. It helps tighten and even out the appearance of the skin. You also don’t have to worry about discomfort, burning, or bruising after this procedure. It is important to follow your skin doctor's aftercare instructions closely, including avoiding excessive heat and using prescribed skin products, to ensure the best outcome.
Improve Your Skin
With Vbeam treatments, your Annapolis, MD dermatologist can take years off your facial appearance. Find out if you’re a good candidate for Vbeam laser therapy by calling (410) 224-8001 today for a skin appointment with Dr. Gerald Newman.